Monday, May 11, 2009

I want muh pie!

Mother's day was absolutely terrific. My parents went out of town for the weekend, so I went to my ex's mother's house (it sounds weird, but she and I are really close, and she's my daughter's grandmother, so it isn't that weird) and we ate and laughed and watched movies. We really had a houseful. There was Eric, the baby, myself, my girl Chaney and her boyfriend Zane and Tammy (the grandmother) and her friend Darrel. We really had a ball and I ate so much that I'm STILL full.

The only downside is that the headaches are coming back and Eric is asking me every five minutes if I'm alright. And I promised him that I would go to the doctor's again today, but they aren't going to do anything because I'm pregnant and I really don't want to waste my time.


Sitting here right now, I can't believe I've been someone's mother for almost 18 months. Sometimes I look at Israel and I'm like "I kept my kid alive for a year and a half, I must be doing something right." I can't believe that 18 months ago I had a little tiny, wrinkly baby girl that didn't cry much but loved to kick. I can't believe that, that tiny 6 lb baby now constantly yells, "A-mommee, I wahn muh PIE!" (come to find out that Tammy promised her pie, so she's been saying "pie" at random intervals)

I was walking up and down the hallway last evening to walk the headaches away and Izzy came with me, and she's so unbelievably tiny and adorable. I'm watching her toddle in front of me and looking behind her every so often to make sure I was there. Sometimes I'd hide behind the wall and jump out at her and she'd crack up every time even though she knew I was there.

With this pregnancy, I found myself wondering if I can possibly love another child as much as I love Izzy. I know it seems like a silly question and automatically you want to say 'of course you will'...but it's hard to believe because I love Izzy...beyond description.

In other news, I really didn't write that much this weekend, but I did finish the next chapter, so I gave myself a few days break. If I write with no pause in between, my stuff sounds contrived and false. I need to get myself inspired, and once I do...everything comes naturally. It was how I came up with the Great Idea for the plot. I am still pretty pleased with myself...I know that it'll be pretty controversial...but I think I angled it in such a way that people will be able to relate to.

Anyhow, I don't much want to talk about writing right now.

But I would like some pie.

3 comments:

The Writer Resource Pit: said...

Hi!

I admire your pursuit of writing until you get published. I'm glad you refuse to let life's situations prevent you from pursuing your dreams.

Continue to press on and oneday you'll have a story to share with your children of how you never gave up.

Sincerely,
Tiffany Godfrey
www.thewriterresourcepit.blogspot.com

SP said...

Hey Honeybee, Happy Belated Mother's Day!! =) I tried to email you, but your box is packed full! LOL Im glad to see you are still writing. Keep up the hard work.

Peace, Love and Blessings,
SP

Alicia Evans said...

Hey honey bee! I don't use that email anymore. It's sunup80@gmail.com But I'll send you an email from that address.

Love you girlie!